Sunday, September 27, 2009

Complaining Letter

56 Parkvale Avenue, Apt.15
Allston, MA 02134

September 27, 2009

IKEA, Inc
1 IKEA WayStoughton, MA 02072

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to bring your attention to a situation I encountered with one of your products. I am a longtime user of many kinds of your product including furniture. I am usually very happy with the quality and often recommend them to others. On September 3, 2009 I purchased a LACK coffee table from IKEA in Stoughton, MA.

I was very surprised to find that there is something wrong with the furniture’s components that we have to assembly ourselves. All the legs of the table are supposed to have a hole which we could put the small piece of metal inside but there is not. Without those holes, we could not assembly the shelf under the coffee table.

I called to the customer service and informed them about the problem occurred. The staff asked for some information and told me that they would send the new set of legs to me within 5-7 business days. Two days later, there is a call from the IKEA informing me that legs shouldn’t have any hole and I have to drill it myself. This is unreasonable since I bought two coffee tables and another one has those holes on a table legs. The staff was unresponsive to my circumstances. I believe I was treated unfairly in this situation.

I know that IKEA usually makes quality products as well as satisfied customer services and I hope IKEA will maintain the quality of this one. I would like to request for a replacement set of coffee table’s leg. I feel this is a reasonable request since the product was not in a proper condition.

I appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to your response.

Sincerely Yours,

Dusida Chongvisal

No comments:

Post a Comment